Thursday, April 9, 2009

Doing

Internet Safety Interview

I decided to talk with my husband, who is 24, because we will be parents soon and I wanted to make sure that we were on the same page when it comes to internet safety and our children. My husband is very computer savvy, so he totally agreed with my idea of teaching our children the tools necessary to make good choices when it comes to the internet instead of just telling them to avoid the internet entirely. He gave the analogy of a hammer. A hammer can be used to build several good things, but yet it can also be used to hurt others. Just because it can be used for bad doesn't mean that hammers are bad, people just need to be educated on how to use a hammer positively. It's the same way with the internet. People need to learn how to use it appropriately. I'm excited to learn more about things on the internet and keep my children informed so they can make positive choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment