Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Technology lesson - Week 11

I actually taught two different lessons with a PowerPoint. The first lesson was a shared reading book that contained information about rainbows, so I created a PowerPoint with several pictures of rainbows to activate their schema. The Rainbow PowerPoint was a hit. The students 'oohed" and "awed" at each picture. It really helped to grab their attention and get them focused on rainbows!
The second lesson I taught was a lesson about Plurals. I again used a PowerPoint to show when we need to add an 'S' and when we need to add and 'es' to make something plural. I showed a picture of a tree and said what do we need to add to the word tree to make it plural? Then I put a blank at the end of the word. After the students chose their answer, then I clicked the right button and the blank would fill in with the correct answer. Example; tree___ = tree_s_ It was perfect! This PowerPoint really helped to Quickly teach a principle that would have taken quite a bit of time. It allowed me to teach it quickly because the students could visually see the picture of the object that was currently singular, then they could also see the printed word and see HOW to make the word plural. I was very pleased with both lessons and will continue to use PowerPoints in the future. Bellow are a couple pictures that I took after I taught the lesson because we forgot to take them during the lesson. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment