Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week Three

This week I learned the rules of copyrights. I had no idea there were specific amounts of media: video, text, music, illustrations, etc that could be used without any permission whatsoever. I also didn't know that even though a teacher purchases a movie at the store a teacher cannot show that video in her classroom as reward. The teacher must purchase copyrights to the video on top of just buying the video. I also didn't know that if I purchase a song from Itunes, even though I paid for it I still cannot use the entire song for educational purposes I can only use 20 seconds. The only thing that I would really like to know and didn't learn from the tutorial and video is HOW to site the direct website that a picture or thing is on. For example, I've just found an image from google, how do I find the exact link to the picture instead of just to the google search?

No comments:

Post a Comment